Pages


Sunday, October 15, 2006


Diaper Bag- the last of the Nursery Project.

I have not posted in a while now. I've been working hard and crocheting even harder. It's been busy days with Ramadan and the school day finishing early. With the additional episode of flu and a season of cold,fever and dry cough all in a combined package. It's good to be feeling better again.
And finally the last of the peices of the nursery set I was working on. This is the diaper bag which took longer than I had thought - it was easy enough a pattern to work up but I had made some ( really silly ) mistakes.I was getting the bag right but the even look was not there ...somehow it looked 'traumatised'. And then eventually I did figure out the problem.....the yarn and hooksize were just not compatible!! This is the first time I came across such a thing. I kept working on the bag and it just didn't seem right , the look was not there. Then finally , it struck. I switched hooks and it was suddenly looking better. Funny how a simple project can make you sweat so much ,especially since you've done so many complicated projects before and that too without running into much difficulty.
I had expected this bag to be a breeze and put it off as the easy end project , but then I guess it was meant to be the other way around. Looking at it you'd never guess that such a simple pattern could give so much of work.Actually it wasn't the pattern at all, I made the basic error of using incompatible hook and yarn. Another lesson learn't ! Designing is no peice of cake.
Oh well, after that boring account of the making of the bag , you can now have a look at the pictures. Here they are as promised.
The front view and the back view



















And then the top of the bag. As you can see I opted for using the buttons as closure. I had wanted to use a zip but I hate it when the zip snags at the yarn and it happens so often. I wanted to keep the baskety look of the bag and had to have a proper closure too because being a diaper bag , I had to make sure that nothing fell out of it when little hand get to exploring.



12 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh my, I was totally in suspense reading your story about making the bag...hehe...And then I was totally pleased and amazed at your work, Yasmin! That would be the prettiest diaper bag I have seen =) With just the right touch of adornment and a very fitting closure to it. Well done!

LG said...

Hi Yasmin! The work was worth it! Look how pretty it turned out!!! It´s soooo sweet!

Yasmin said...

Thank you Mimi and Vicky. I'm glad you liked it. It means so much to hear those comments coming from experts like you gals.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!! Beautiful job. I'm glad you are feeling better. :o)

Yasmin said...

Thank you ,Sue. Glad you like it.

Deneen said...

Oh that is beautiful-I love the closure you made. Nice job!

CraftyCritter said...

Very nice Yasmin! Detailed info never hurt anyone, it's helpful.

Kayt said...

that is absolutly beautiful! I may have to do a nursery set for our next baby! wow! you are an inspiration!

Nikki said...

It looks fantastic, and the closure is really a smart way to go.

Yasmin said...

Thankyou so much , Kathy, Kayt, Nikki and Cordelia for your lovely comments. And thanks for visiting me too.

Kel said...

Very nice. I love all the little details.

Ulla said...

Dear Yasmin

I hope everything is well with you.I love the sweet little bag you have done.

Have a nice weekend