Pages


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kimberly's Weaved Hot pad

This looked very tempting from the moment I saw it in Kimberly's post. You can find her free pattern here. I wanted to make this hot pad but first had to finish off a couple of UFOs. Since I make it a point to keep at least one UFO working alongside a new project I usually have one UFO finished with every new project.
For this pattern, I looked around for some cotton yarn thick enough to be suitable for a hot pad but no luck.I have used 3 strands of size 10 crochet cotton thread instead. The problem with this is that even though it make the piece strong and sturdy , it also makes it very heavy. I got some dish cloths made in sugar n cream yarn (in some of the swaps ) and those yarns are so light ! I wish we got them here. Any hoo, I enjoyed working this project and thank you Kimberly for a lovely pattern and your generosity in sharing it.




The pictures are not very clear ...the colour is deep purple and here it looks almost black. That's my photography skills , I guess.
And on the knitting front , I'm still learning. I have now started knitting simple lace patterns. I've just finished a faggot lace swatch . I tried it many times until I finally got it right. Now to move on to more lace patterns. I haven't made any real projects in knitting as yet - just some dish cloths to practice the different stitch patterns . a couple of small bags in garter stitch and a sampler scarf. I'll show the pics , I promise , but let me have something worth showing first...lol!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Fo Yas, I have it on my to do list too :)

Yasmin said...

Thank you, Pearlin. I loved it the moment I saw it.

Kathy said...

I love this pattern. It's so fun & attractive. I can't wait to sit down tonight & make one myself.

Yasmin said...

Kathy , thanks for visiting me. Can't wait to see your take on it. It's a fun patterns.

Mimi said...

You did a good job, cute design! I have yet to make one too...

Kimberly said...

Yours turned out lovely!! Great job Yasmin!