Pages


Thursday, March 08, 2012

Quilling for Jibran

This frame is for my son made in colours of his chioce and the font too. He wanted only the colours black, gold, silver and 2 shades of orange. Yes, he was very specific.
For a while now I've been thinking about making something for my little one. He thinks 'little one ' is an offensive term for a fully grown up 9 years old that he is. Well, sometimes I doubt there is a wise old man living inside him. Seriously, are all kids more grown up than their age or is it my imagination?
Anyways , he was very particular that I show him my final draft before sticking on all the elements. And as you can imagine , I had to make changes. He kept saying ..."Mom !! nothing loud please, just something quiet and elegant". Nine years old ??? Huh ...I doubt!
Let me show you the progress to the fianl work ...
first the letters ...

next fill them up and put them up on the chosen back ground ...

then playing around with the elements in rest of the colours asked for

well, nice but ...lets brighten it up a little , shall we ?

The reaction to it? " NAH !!! Too bright ...needs to be toned down a few notches ...hmm? ?

So the finally we settled for this :

And thankfully he is very happy with it. This is my first time trying a bit of typography. I have learn't a bit in this project but there is so much, much more to learn. This has been fun.

7 comments:

Anuradha Shankar said...

This is so beautiful!! he must have been so thrilled!!!

Yasmin said...

Thank you , Anuradha ! So good to see you here :)

chillin with Quillin said...

turned out really great, sounds like he has good tast, runs in the family!!
Paula

Unknown said...

very cool!

Lekha justin said...

Very nice work Yas....cheers.!!!

Ghazala said...

wow! lovely work as always

Yasmin said...

Thank you , Paula, Sandy, Lekha and Ghazala :)